Oral Surgery in Thousand Oaks
Oral surgery is often needed when a patient has experienced significant trauma to their teeth and gums. Whether from severe tooth decay, gum disease, or an injury, restoring a patient's oral health is essential for any oral surgeon. Dr. Fathi works individually with patients to access their dental needs and recommend the best procedure to revitalize their oral wellness.
Types of Oral Surgery Procedures
With the advances in dental care, Dr. Fathi can offer patients multiple options to help restore their oral health and prevent further damage. Conventional oral surgery solutions include:
- Gum Surgery
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Wisdom Teeth Removal
Many oral surgery procedures improve not only a patient's oral health but also the appearance of their smile. This advantage often boosts a patient's confidence after surgery and encourages proper oral care for the future.
Preparing for Oral Surgery
To best prepare for oral surgery, Dr. Fathi will guide you through the process and what you can expect. Before your surgery, Dr. Fathi may recommend to
- Arrange transportation and post-operative care - having a friend or family member to bring you home and care for you after the surgery ensures a successful recovery.
- Understand the eating and drinking guidelines - knowing when to eat or drink certain foods is essential to preventing infection after surgery.
- Dress practically for the operation - wearing the proper attire will help to keep you comfortable and assist the oral surgeon during the procedure.
- Plan your diet for after surgery - it is vital to know what you can eat immediately after surgery and the following weeks to allow your mouth to heal properly.
- Know when to cancel - if you are sick, especially with the flu, it is crucial to reschedule your oral surgery.
Oral Surgery Consultation
Dr. Fathi is passionate about helping patients achieve the best oral health possible. She understands the importance of maintaining a healthy smile its benefits. To find out if oral surgery is the best option for your oral health, please contact our office to schedule your consultation.