General Dentistry Thousand Oaks
Do you want to maintain healthy teeth for life? General Dentistry is the application of several restorative processes aimed to repair tooth structure and preserve your natural teeth.
Good dental hygiene and health is fundamental in achieving general well-being and maintaining your oral and general health. Investigations show, inadequate oral health practices can be connected with several serious conditions including Heart Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Respiratory Disease and an increased risk of stroke. We recommend integrating high quality dental hygiene practices for yourself and for your child from a young age.
Through the measures of General Dentistry, natural teeth can be saved and kept healthy for life.
Oral Health Care Tips:
Correct brushing and flossing techniques are fundamental in the maintenance of teeth and gums. Other essential Preventive Care steps that will help you achieve healthy teeth and gums include;
- Use a soft toothbrush with rounded bristles
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months
- Brush twice daily and use toothpaste with fluoride
- Floss your teeth once before bed and ensure that all food debris is removed
- Use a mouthwash as recommended to improve the health of your smile
- Attend periodontal check-ups and oral cancer screenings
- Avoid tobacco products and excessive alcohol use
What are my options if something goes wrong with my teeth and oral health?
If you end up losing a tooth due to an accident or decay then the best solution for you is a dental implant. A dental implant is a titanium fixture which is inserted into your gum and jaw. The implant itself integrates with your natural jaw bone and results in a strong and permanent foundation for a cosmetically pleasing dental implant crown.
If you do experience some form of dental trauma please visit Dr. Laura Fathi’s Thousand Oaks dental practice so that she can restore the functionality and aesthetic appearance of your smile.